Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Weeks 8 and 9 Recap

Change of scenery for an easy run
Notes for the week:

1. Two weeks to make up for here. Two weeks ago we celebrated Independence Day with family over the weekend, then Kyle's family from TX stayed with us for a few days. Despite all the busyness I was able to fit in all my runs for the week. Not once did I dread having to get up early to fit in my miles minutes. Not once.

2. The heat and humidity is kicking this cold-weather-girl's butt. There have been a couple of runs the past two weeks that no matter how early I get up to beat the heat, it's tough for my body to keep my heart rate under 140.

3. Last week I started adding "accelerators" to a couple of my runs. Basically pick-ups or fartleks. Holy speed, Batman! One of them was at a 7:30 pace. It felt SO GOOD!

The numbers: My best "easy" pace the past two weeks was at 12:38. The humidity is killing it for me. I'm not worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment