Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 12 Recap

Notes for the week:

1. Friday we leave for the UP and my 10K at the Tahqua Trail Race. I'd originally signed up for the 25K, but after running 10.5 miles on the North Country Trail last week, realized that tacking on another 4.5 miles, then expecting to hike with my husband and daughters for four days wasn't a good idea. I don't want to be the gimpy mom trying to painfully slog on the trails with her family. So…I changed my entry. Six miles of trails will be perfect!

2. I have a race plan for Saturday's six miles. FIRST. TIME. EVER. The 10k will be split into 2k increments. I'll start off with my HR between 160-165 for the first 2k with it slowly rising to between 180-185 for the last 2k. I'm a little nervous. I ran a half mile or so the other day at 185 to get a feel for it. Although I'm pretty sure this is what it felt like to run "regularly" in the past, after spending three months keeping my heart at a low, happy place, this seems really challenging! But, I can do it!

The numbers: My best "easy" pace the past two weeks was at 13:05. 

No comments:

Post a Comment