Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Turtle speed

Maybe the road commission could install a few of
these around the neighborhood for me?
My first two #HRT (heart rate training) runs are under my belt. (Or should I say shoes?)

A few things I've noticed:

1. Running with Amy (my neighbor and BRF) and trying to keep my HR at <140 is laughable. Oh…and don't laugh! That makes it worse. I'm not sure how our runs together are going to work out. I guarantee it's not possible for the two of us to run in silence. We have way too much to talk about.

2. So. Much. Walking! Even on my solo run yesterday, I'd be at what I thought was a nice, easy clip and look down to see a 150+ on my watch. Argh! Walk. Run. Walk some more.

3. These runs are easy. So easy, in fact, that once it's over and I've stretched my legs for a few minutes, I feel fantastic.

Now the numbers. 45 minutes at 14:45/M with Amy. Yes…that's almost FIFTEEN MINUTES PER MILE. A big difference from our typical 9:45/M runs in the past. Yesterday, when I wasn't talking the entire time, my average was 13:05/M. That's encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment