Friday, June 3, 2016

Foam Rolling

My favorite type of self-care is foam rolling. For years I've credited my handy foam roller for helping keep me injury-free. I foam roll for a few minutes before heading out on a run, and often roll in the evening as well. While not as relaxing as a massage, it does give your muscles and tissue a daily rub-down for a lot less time and money.

My foam rolling arsenal…

Wellness Collection for "Pre-hab"
A couple of minutes with this set before heading out rolls out my muscles and tissue. I took a class on "Pre-hab" while at the AMR Run-Refresh Retreat in Little Rock, AK last spring. It was so surprising to feel the difference between heading out before foam rolling and after foam rolling. Everything feels much more limber after a simple five minutes of rolling out the tissue. Instead of "re-hab"…you're "pre-habbing". Get it?

GRID Foam Roller
This is my go-to while watching TV at night – a good 15-20 minutes working on my quads, calves and IT band.

GRID STK Foam Roller
I use this stick to really spot-treat the toughest areas (usually my calves.)

NANO Foot Roller
One of my favorites! It's like a tiny foot massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment