Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Week 3 Recap

Some much needed shade
Wow. What a difference the heat makes. We went from snow two Sunday's ago, to 82˚ last week. My body wasn't prepared. Or maybe my mind wasn't prepared. Either way…suffer bus!

Notes for the week:

1. Due to a camping fail for my sister-in-law and her kids, I was up Saturday night from 3:30am to 5:30am. Sunday morning I was exhausted. Like scattered, foggy brain tired. It was also humid with air temps in the 80˚'s. Holy cow. I honestly couldn't get ten strides in before my heart rate would be in the mid-150's. I'd walk to get it back down, but even that wouldn't work. I'm shocked at how much my physical state combined with temperature made for a higher than usual heart rate.

2. Glad I went back to using my Garmin. My Apple Watch gave me an average heart rate, but that was it. The Garmin uploads more complete data to my Training Peaks account. Including minimum and maximum heart rate.

The numbers: Fastest Easy Effort 30 minutes last week was at a 11:35. This week, my second 30 minute run was a 12:43. HUGE difference running in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment