Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 6 Recap

A friendly reminder
Notes for the week:

1. Six weeks ago I couldn't run a mile without having to stop and get my heart rate below 140. Not anymore! (Insert little girl squeal.) I've always struggled with hot, humid summer miles. Last Sunday, due to Father's Day commitments, I couldn't run until 2 o'clock in the afternoon. It was 82˚, sunny and humid – a perfect storm for head-pounding exhaustion. Didn't happen. I ran the 45 minutes that were on my schedule problem free. Other than the sun feeling hot on my skin, it felt like a typical run. For the most part my heart rate stayed around 140 (there were a few hills where it would spike.) Seems strange to say it, but it was one of my best runs these past six weeks.

2. Tuesday workouts have become some of my favorites. I have to run for 30 minutes with my heart rate BELOW 130 (I've been doing this on the treadmill, so much easier to track) followed by 30–60 minutes of cross-training, for me that's a kettlebell workout. It makes for a long workout, but the low intensity run followed by weights makes me feel like I've really accomplished something. Loving it!

The numbers: My best pace last week was at a 12:15 (although this should be a "non-issue"…right?) This week, a very comfortable 11:32.

No comments:

Post a Comment